The American Homeland Security Consulting Group is a professional services agency comprised of former Federal agents of the U.S. Departments of Homeland Security, Justice and Treasury.
We employ a network of former ATF, Customs, DEA, FBI, ICE, IRS and Secret Service agents, as well as noted experts on homeland security, executive protection, vulnerability assessments and critical infrastructure protection. Our personnel can be deployed anywhere in the U.S. to assist with your security needs.
We have a Rapid Response Team (RRT) comprised of former federal agents who are authorized to carry firearms pursuant to the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004. These RRT personnel can be deployed to assist both the public and private sectors in the event of a major disaster or terrorist act.
We have employment opportunities for retired Federal law enforcement officers who would like to continue to utilize their expertise gained from many years of experience while keeping our nation safe.
We are seeking government contracts on a Federal, State and local level with regards to Homeland security and Critical Infrastructure Protection.
But the underlying question that is very “suspicious” is this: Where are they getting the explosives? They are not a munitions manufacturer, and they are not in the business of blowing things up as a trade like a quarry or demolitions experts.
The question is then, who are they? From their website again:
- We can support Federal, State or local governments or the Private Sector in Securing the Homeland.
- We have a Rapid Response Team of former federal agents on staff who are qualified and authorized to carry firearms pursuant to the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 (P.L. 108-277) and can be deployed at a moments notice to assist you in your security needs.
- We can provide corporate security consulting. We can conduct vulnerability assessments of your facilities and develop comprehensive security plans.
- We can provide expert witness and legal support services. Our personnel are available to testify as expert witnesses, assist in case preparation, review investigative reports, interview witnesses and assist in trial preparation.
- We can provide security consulting services to colleges, universities and private schools. We can also offer training to your personnel with regards to security issues.
- We can provide pre-employment screening of candidates for Executive Positions to verify their credentials.
The firm is an administrative firm who can provide security when needed.
This does not help the credibility of the Department of Homeland Security or the TSA. It looks like a kickback to old friends and former colleagues.
According to their website, Mr. Gordon is the President and Chief Operating Officer who has held positions within the US Departments of Homeland Security, Justice and Treasury.
Mr. Gordon’s LinkedIn account shows:
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Government Administration industry
2004 – 2007 (3 years)
Chief law enforcement officer for TSA in Maryland. Coordinated law enforcement operations that impacted the nation’s transportation systems. Met with Federal, State and local law enforcement officials regarding potential terrorist acts impacting air, rail, maritime and other transportation entities.
Congress should hold hearings into this arrangement. I question the legality of such an arrangement and so should they.